Consent Signer / Care Coordinator
Healing Care Hospice - Downey, CA
Care Coordinator/Consent Signer
Reports to: Hospice Leadership Team
The primary function of the Care Coordinator/ Consent Signer is to communicate Healing Care Hospice services, value, and philosophy to the medical community, patients, and families in a manner that results in increasing our exceptional customer service, conversion, and admission results. Additional responsibilities include interacting with facilities, case managers, and physicians. Must be able to establish, build, and maintain positive relationships with customers and referral sources while responding to customer requests and concerns with assigned areas. 95% of the time will be spent traveling via automobile within our areas of service.
- Communicates referral activity to our admissions/ liaison team.
- Immediately following referral visit, must update the admissions/ liaison team with the status of that referral.
- Coordinates all daily patient referral and intakes steps to ensure a smooth admission.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, hospice referral/intake regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of Hospice as a high quality provider of services.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should service not be provided by Hospice.
- Must enforce and follow all safe practices in the performance of job duties.
- Understands and maintains HIPPA guidelines for patient confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma, GED (Associates/Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent work experience)
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Demonstrates good communication, negotiation, public relations skills, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Ability to coordinate activities independently.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Previous Hospice experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare related sales experience preferred.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Bilingual (Spanish Speaking preferred but not required)
Job Type: Full-time
- 1 year