Careers at Healing Care Hospice
Healing Care Hospice has a 3 out of 5 STAR Rating on MediCare.gov
We are a rapidly growing hospice that is seeking a Full-Time Social Worker for the West Los Angeles & surrounding areas. Social Worker will need to have the experience to assess psychological, social, emotional, spiritual, economic and bereavement needs of hospice patients and their families. Our Hospice Social Worker provides care based on assessment need, works collaboratively with team members to achieve optimal quality care, demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
- 1 Year of actual Social Worker experience in Hospice Care (Preferred)
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) (Preferred)
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- Monday – Friday
- 8am – 5pm / Full Time
As a Social Worker, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Interviews patients and families in order to assess psychological, social, emotional, spiritual and economic needs.
- Develops and implements a Plan of Care based on assessment information and MD orders as appropriate.
- Re-assesses needs and revised care plan as needed.
- Plans and conducts short-term goal oriented psychotherapy for patients and families as needed.
- Provides supportive and/or bereavement counseling to patients and their families to cope with illnesses and/or death.
- Assists patient/family with necessary legal information related to end of life issues including but not limited to completing a Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare.
- Completes documentation and paperwork, as required by Network policies.
- Makes visits as scheduled per care plan and participates in on-call rotation as required.
- Assists RN Case Manager with placement, Adult Protective Services, suicide and other safety issues.
- Participates in patient care conferences and IDG meetings to review, revise and approve the patient’s Plan of Care.
- Communicates and collaborates with RN Case Manager to the team members assigned to patient for continuity of care to achieve optimal quality care.
- Conducts a Bereavement Assessment at time of death and develops Bereavement Plan of Care.
- Provides one on one bereavement follow-up as needed according to the Bereavement Plan of Care.
- Provides patient/family with information and referral to community resources and serves as an advocate on their behalf.
- Annually completes Compliance Education and understands applicable policies.
We are offering Clinical Supervisory hours towards your LCSW. You must have your Associate Social worker number to participate.
- Participates in hospice performance improvement program and education programs as requested.
- Adheres to California State and federal regulations for Medical Social Workers.
- Conforms to all applicable Network policies and procedures.
- Participates actively in continuing education and inservices.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and business trade practices
- Assumes accountability for reporting incidents and complaints according to Network policy.
- Maintains patient rights and dignity.
- Assures the care of the dying patient, optimizing his/her comfort, dignity and safety. Provides in-service training to care facilities and hospice volunteers
- Confers with Social Service Designee (SSD) in nursing facilities regarding patient concerns and to meet need
- Instructs in relaxation and guided imagery for selected patients.
- Completes compliance education and understands all applicable policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited Master’s of Social Work program
- One year social work experience
- License/Certification: CPR certification; California driver’s license and proof of current auto liability insurance
- Spanish Speaking preferred, but not required
- Must be comfortable driving
- Hospice experience (preferred)
- LCSW (preferred)
Ideal candidate is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with Home Health Network Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
Healing Care Hospice is a 3-STAR Company that is a mission-driven organization. Our mission is simple — we strive to make a positive impact on the remaining lives of our patients and on the continuing lives of their families. When possible, we strive to create meaning, facilitate reconciliation, and enable spiritual and emotional healing. Because each family is unique and special, making a positive impact requires us to be sensitive to each family’s unique needs and to earn their trust and respect. We can only truly help families when they let us into their lives. We take this mission to heart and it informs all of our decisions. We accomplish our mission by pulling together a team of compassionate, skilled, experienced professionals who all share a common desire to make an impact.
- $30.00 – $33.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Social work: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- Auto Insurance (Required)
- BLS and/or CPR Certification (Required)
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- West Los Angeles & surrounding areas
"*" indicates required fields