Healing Care Hospice is seeking an exceptional Quality Assessment/Performance Improvement Assistant to join our Downey office. This is a terrific opportunity to work for a mission-oriented hospice agency that cares about its patients, and its employees. An LVN licensed is required.
A professional who assists the Director/Administrator/QAPI Manager with the development and ongoing administration of the Quality Assessment/Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing; or
- A qualified health care professional.
- One to two (1-2) years of health care experience, preferred.
- One (1) year experience in QAPI, preferred.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to work with individuals, to enlist cooperation of many people to perform/achieve a common goal.
- Understands and adheres to established Hospice policies and procedures.
- Understands and promotes principles of continuous QAPI.
- Assists in the planning and consultative needs of staff.
- Participates in studies and other administrative functions as assigned.
- Serves as a role model for all colleagues by setting an example of high standards in conduct, cooperation and job performance.
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information.
- Accepts responsibility for regular attendance and punctuality; fulfills job related requirements without regard to time involved.
- Serves as a resource person.
- Assists in Investigating and reporting any problem relating to patient care and/or employee well-being.
- Immediately reports any accident, incident, lost articles or unusual occurrence to the Director/Manager of Patient Services/QAPI Manager.
- Attends pertinent continuing education programs other than routine inservices and shares information with staff.
- Assists in the development of QAPI activities with appropriate data collection, aggregation, analysis, taking action and reporting of results according to Hospice's QAPI plan.
- Reviews patient medical records for compliance with federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards and Hospice policies and guidelines.
- Assists QAPI committee; prepares QAPI reports/minutes of meetings; forwards reports according to QAPI plan.
- Assists with POC chart audits and is willing to travel to patients home as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director/Administrator/QAPI Manager
- Supervised by: Director/Administrator/Governing Body
- Workers Supervised: QAPI Committee
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while sitting or standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Moderate lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour